Thursday, August 23, 2007

Black and White


Black and White
Originally uploaded by flickr photographerno1
photo courtesy google images

My intention was to give form to my thoughts
Through words as poems as my heart dictates
My intention was never to character assassinate
But I was fed up being used as bait
For those who wanted to proselytize
Racism and Multicolored Hate
I give them back their offerings
On an emulsion plate
Lithium batteries I don’t Trade
And easily my words etched on the dark souls
Of demonical analogous dudes won’t fade
Here I am happy to call a spade a spade
A thought Billabong Boomerangs cant evade
Defrosted Brains stay well away from me
Arsewell also demystified dehumanised degrade
Gems of hate Coat of Arms in a grave laid
Weeping tears on his tombstone a Milking Maid
Fakme he says Bambaiya Babu who
Ass licks down under his own people raids
Poetic Tirades..as one wades ..
Jack of all Trades
Darkness at Dawn circle of confusion
Shadowboxing your demons
In Hades
Black eyes like Balbao hidden behind
Multi colored shades
As I pen these few lines
Me an Ace of Spades
Gaming table of poetic charades
Dr Haneef and Peter Russo
Black and White
A fresh air of mutual coexistence
Liberty Justice Equality
Pervades

Dick Gregory:
I never believed in Santa Claus because I knew no white man would be coming into my neighborhood after dark

Harry A. Blackmun:
In order to get beyond racism, we must first take account of race. There is no other way. And in order to treat some persons equally, we must treat them differently


Leontyne Price:
Accomplishments have no color

Martin Luther King, Jr.:
I look forward confidently to the day when all who work for a living will be one with no thought to their separateness as Negroes, Jews, Italians or any other distinctions. This will be the day when we bring into full realization the American dream -- a dream yet unfulfilled. A dream of equality of opportunity, of privilege and property widely distributed; a dream of a land where men will not take necessities from the many to give luxuries to the few; a dream of a land where men will not argue that the color of a man's skin determines the content of his character; a dream of a nation where all our gifts and resources are held not for ourselves alone, but as instruments of service for the rest of humanity; the dream of a country where every man will respect the dignity and worth of the human personality.

Robert F. Kennedy:
But suppose God is black? What if we go to Heaven and we, all our lives, have treated the Negro as an inferior, and God is there, and we look up and He is not white? What then is our response?

www.wisdomquotes.com/cat_racism.html

“Racism is man's gravest threat to man - the maximum of hatred for a minimum of reason.”

Abraham J. Heschel quotes

At the heart of racism is the religious assertion that God made a creative mistake when He brought some people into being”

Friedrich Otto Hertz quotes

“I hate racial discrimination most intensely and all its manifestations. I have fought all my life; I fight now, and will do so until the end of my days. Even although I now happen to be tried by one, whose opinion I hold in high esteem, I detest most violently the set-up that surrounds me here. It makes me feel that I am a Black man in a White man's court. This should not be I should feel perfectly at ease and at home with the assurance that I am being tried by a fellow South African, who does not regard me as an inferior, entitled to a special type of justice.”

Nelson Mandela quotes


“As you grow older, you'll see white men cheat black men every day of your life, but let me tell you something and don't you forget it - whenever a white man does that to a black man, no matter who he is, how rich he is, or how fine a family he comes from, he is trash.”

Harper Lee quotes


On an altar of prejudice we crucify our own, yet the blood of all children is the color of God.”

the_write_one
Don Williams, Jr. quotes

“Isn’t it obvious that a person would leave from where he is hated so much? The heroism of staying in such a place is that of a roach which won’t be exterminated from the bathroom.”

eathian
Franz Kafka quotes

thinkexist.com/quotations/racism/3.html

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube