Tuesday, November 3, 2015

The Street Barber Holistically Heals You With His Scissor Hands




However at Banganga the venue of Pitru Paksha and religious tonsure where the North Indian Brahmin Bhaiyya offers all this along with the pind to his dead departed ancestors ,, parents ,, it is more razor hand than scissor hands ..

And they remove the hair on the head , the  moustache beard and even the eyebrows and arm pit hair , they clip the finger naiils too.

After the puja by the Pandits and the ingredients for the puja bought from Maharashtrian ladies at the Banganga Tank complex the devotees enter the tank, earlier they would place the leaves etc in the tank now it is placed in a huge cauldron..and the immersion of the pind is more symbolic  to save the fish fauna in the tank.

Most of the guys who come here as barbers may not be barbers , they could be tailors or carpenters or chaiwalas too , and they come to make a fast buck and you can see guys scalp with cuts and bruises and no detol no safety measures ,, but than faith moves mountains ,, and the Indian believes in Faith more than he believes in his own wife ,,

This man was in a trance while his head was being tonsured and I shot many frames ,to prove my point of holistically healing .. this man was in some other planet away from Banganga .

And this memory card I had left in my camera of 377 images and discovered it when I went to shoot Moharam Ashura in Lucknow ,,

Most of my images are shot on Canon 60D ,, as the Canon 7 D is very heavy with the vertical grip I never use it but I like it and it has been with me a present from my ex boss since 2011 ,

And both my cameras have two ingredients ,, Ganga Jamuna Tehzeeb.. Hindu gulal of Ganesha Immersion and my Shia blood of my Kama matam.. and time has come to get them cleaned ,, soon..


Both reds the Hindu red and the Shia red refuse to leave my cameras ,, and maybe mystically and holistically both these reds that create the magic in my pictures ,,I merely press the trigger I think.. I have no time to compose think of the shots I will shoot I simply shoot intuitively and think what I shoot even accidentally is the Hand Of God ,, like Maradona Lol


I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube