Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Street Portraiture



I met him while returning from the Pitru Paksha shoot on 12 October at first he thought I was a Sadhu too.. I introduced myself to him and spoke to him about my Naga connection and my Naga Guru.. than I asked him if I could take his picture , he did not mind I shot a few frames .

There are some very interesting faces I meet on the streets that I shoot as candid s or take their permission before shooting them..

But the ones I meet almost every time I go to town are faces from the hijra community and I shoot them even if they dont like to be shot ,,and so I have over the years built a collection of over 20000 faces of the transgender from every walk of life .

I also shoot dabbawalas .. if I see them I stop them and shoot them, most of them know me so I hardly have any problem shooting them.. I took my camera to town this afternoon and shot some intriguing faces ...

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube