Thursday, May 28, 2015

The Face Of Hunger




I was in the cab heading home to Bandra via the back lanes of Mahim.. My cab stopped for a while when I saw this man greedily eating a batatwada , I took this shot called him towards my cab and gave him money to have lunch..he hurriedly took the money and moved away as my cab moved ahead .

I meet a lot of people , and most of the time I dont have my camera , but than I use my mobile phone ,,I try to capture faces , pleasing poor faces , and some faces that can haunt you forever .

Does hunger have a Face ,, yes with a big glaring mouth..  outside mosques , restaurants dargahs you will find so many faces waiting for food , even the regular drugaddicts bums outside Mahim eatery that take money from the passing cars to feed the poor ,, which is pure business and nothing else ,,but there are a lot of people that go to sleep on an empty stomachs ,,I am sure of that ,,,

This morning I went for my walk after a gap of two days I walked about 4 km..than met the banana seller chatted with him , I had a small glass of wheat grass from my friend Mr Chandrashekar Rao he sells the tiny cup of fresh wheat grass at Rs 30 ...He is a nice guy , and has a lot of clients who drink a glass after their walks at MET Cricket grounds Bandra Reclamation..

I take a short cut through the Bazar Beef market and see their depressed faces and no buyers for buffalo meat ..I bought some brun and spotted the Bandra Bazar Road dump finally pained garbage bins ,, The most miserly agency with no clue about Garbage management at all, no vision , no love , no dedication is the Mumbai Municipality and those whom we elected for last 20 years dont really care a bit for Mumbai..

Mumbai is a duck that is kept only for laying golden eggs and they wont feed it all ,,let the rains begin and you will see for yourself and the Mumbaikar too has lost his passion to live , his soul has lost its humanity and has made him a robot , mechanical and he loves to be taken for a ride ,, with rhetoric's hyperbole and political empty hollow oratory.. Sadly those that rule Mumbai hail from other hick towns so far them it has been Nanded Nasik Latur Baramati and other towns for progress and development but never Mumbai.. Mumbai is the sacrificial lamb to be used for making generating their own personal wealth .. I dont know how to put it more succinctly

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube