Thursday, May 28, 2015

Marriammen Feast Markandeshwar Nagar Worli 2015




As I was completing my backlog of street pictures shot on my Canon 60 D.. I posted an update at Facebook without a picture , I mostly blog with pictures ,,

Posted On 26 May 2015 ..

This evening I left home took the Worli Sea Link had some stuff to deliver to a client , and than took the same cab to Markandeshwar Nagar near Worli Gutter and opp Atria Mall .I was invited by my Tamil friend Sundar a graphic artist , they were celebrating their annual Marriammen Feast and it was the first time I was going to shoot it ,, and I had decided I would shoot a lot of videos on Canon 6O D and my mobile phone , and at the same time I was in bad shape as I have not fully recovered from my ailment .. but God is Great and I took my chances .

The cheek piercings hook insertions on the devotees backs began late after a puja at Haji Ali sea face opposite Eden Hall ,, the puja that has hypnotic drumming and it increases with crescendo , and powerful energy all around and men women kids under trance like state and possession.. this continued , people trying to control those that were falling on the grounds ,, I mean it was scary and  weird .. totally hypnotic ..

Than I shot the piercings , and almost every Tamil knows me here as they have seen me around at Nehru Nagar Juhu , Worli and Mahim Macchimar Colony Sion Koliwada Marriammen Festivals ,

It was getting dark and I decided to leave the removal of the rods at the Markandeshwar Marriammen Temple .. I jumped into a bus and finally reached home a few hours back..I will upload the stuff tomorrow as I have street backlog.. My grandkids are back from Lucknow .. so I am now feeling much better .

Wife has gone to the wedding of her best friends daughter with the rest of the Shakir clan.. I avoid weddings and Shia social gatherings in Mumbai...I feel out of place ,,,and my health is in bad shape ..so I dont want to add my sick face to someones happiness ..

So this is my new set and in the picture is my Tamil friend wellwisher Sundar he stays at Markandeshwar Nagar where the story starts and once they reach Haji Ali end near Eden Hall puja and piercings and than removal of the rods hooks at the Marriammen Tmple I did not shoot I was tired unwell and in bad shape ,, I left , but I had shot a lot of videos this time ,,

This set is also part of my Hope And Hindutva collection at Flickr.com

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube