Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Madrsa E Nazmiya ,, Shia Madrsa Lucknow




Behind Nakhas a cacophonic noisy street of Lucknow, in one of the sleepy bylanes lies the famous Shia Madarsa, a seminary for grooming Shia lads into Maulanas.
I shot this series a few years back on negatives , now after scanning them I bring them to life on my Flickr photostream in a set called Scanned Memories.

The Shia Madarsa is a fount of learning and no place for hate , here it is Koranic study and nothing else..
The Shia youth come various hick towns of India, and from major metropolitan cities too.

They all make a beeline for my father in law Abbas Qasim Qazilbash's shop, that stocks CD's of matam majlis and nohas.Its called Diamond Cassettes next to Shia Girls Collge..
My brother in law Mohomed Arif assists his father in this business .


I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube