Saturday, May 24, 2014

The Muslim Beggars Of Murshidabad W Bengal.




Most of them have disappeared and return before Ramzan the Holy Islamic month ...
The normally beg in the slums and speak a Bengali dialect with some Urdu words.

I shot her though she was reluctant and was unsure why I wanted to shoot her picture ..but I shot her nonetheless at the time I shot her I just did it without any reason.. I wanted her in my gallery of Muslim Beggars .

There must be a great reason leaving their home family in W Bengal and begging on the strange streets of Bandra.
And Bandra is a very safe locality for beggars ,even in the slums of Bandra they get alms food etc..but there are unsociable elements in Bandra like drugaddicts who wont hesitate to rob them at knifepoint.

And our cops are busy not interested in these mundane matters , if you walk near the Bandra Station or up the skywalk there are many drugaddicts who scavenge the dustbins and sell recycled waste to buy their daily dose.

And they are not scared of the cops most of the time they are so doped they dont even know a civilian from a cop,,,

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube