Saturday, May 24, 2014

Misplaced Motherhood

This  was shot at Bandra close to where I stay , and for a moment if you forget the mother , what are the feelings of her daughter  , no play no school just the heat and dust of begging assisting the mother on the street ..

Many of these beggar families come from the far suburb , and Bandra being an influential area , they do get alms food clothes ration too .

The people in Bandra do a lot of good work, this  I know for a fact.

But when will all this change .. when will their good days come I really dont know..

And  must make you aware in this picture the main person who might be the cause is the father of the child , dead or alive , I dont know I dont talk to beggars at all.

I shoot pictures with unanswered questions but I also know  that in the end it is the wife who suffers and not being educated I stress educated , there is no option but to beg when bad times come ..

And there is no Muslim counselling arm that could take her aside find out her problems and try to rehabilitate her to the bare necessities .

As a photographer I shoot pain as it blooms on the streetwalk....like dying shrubs growing on a rock.. they need a healer who will come touch them take stock..


I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube