Sunday, August 25, 2013

The Best Way To Learn Photography Is To Watch How A Great Photographer Shoots



And greatness comes from humility and Marc De Clercq my friend my Malang brother is a sensitive responsive street and fine art photographer a heady amalgam..mind beyond matter.

We have been close friends since 2005 and have traveled a vast distance of thought , he loves India and Indians love him .. my family loves him and my grand daughter Marziya adores him , he is our extended family like my other American brother Glenn Losack ..mind doctor great street photographer.. both are holistic healers .. both shoot differently ..

Both were at the Maha Kumbh , though I missed Glenn he was in Mumbai after shooting the inaugural ceremony ..I was there with Marc shooting the Shahi Snan procession Basant Panchami but I was very close to the Naga Sadhus as I lived in Sector 4 with my Naga Guru Juna Akhada..

Marc and I were at Makanpur documenting The Dam Madar Malangs of India , I dont think any photographer has shot India more beautifully than Marc.. he is a silent shooter despite his black clothes turban and whiteness , you cant see him when he shoots he merges with the surroundings becomes Indian completely ,,, and I watch and learn from both these stalwarts of photography .. I am just a speck,.. but I am learning fast rapidly and what I learn I impart it to both my grand daughters , that become one with what they shoot ,, 5 year old Marziya Shakir and 2 year old Nerjis both gifted street photographers of Bandra.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube