Sunday, August 25, 2013

Possession Marriammen Feast Macchimar Colony Mahim



This was shot in 2010 , and I remember every frame , perhaps because I shoot barefeet , pictures embedded on my soul.. on one end and the burning pain as the tar touched my soles.. crossing the road with the procession from the Marriammen Temple to the Mahim beach was unbearable ..but on the beach the sand calmed the feet .. and I shoot on a empty stomach, no food no victuals no water ,, my friend Marc De Clercq and some of his friends were here too fascinated with all this recording it on their cameras.


This is the crux of my photography , I shoot the other side , the dark side of the moon.. I went into a trance myself falling on my face with my camera.. but nothing happens I become one with the people I shoot and my surroundings ,.. and it was in 2011 that I became a mystic a Malang along with Marc at Ajmer we both were initiated as Dam Madar Malangs ,,

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube