Sunday, August 25, 2013

Spiritual Possession Or Devi Entering the Human Body

As soon as the Arti began I dont know what came over me I went into a trance and fell down on the floor with my cameras, and I was soon lifted on my feet.. I began shooting this sequence of the spiritual trance or spiritual possession a very integral part of Goddess worship..

Goddess Marriammen is deity in the avatar of Goddess Kali or Goddess Durga and is fervently worshiped by the Hindu Tamils and the Maharashtrians of Macchimar Colony Mahim.

At the Mahim beach during the puja a lot of people went into a trance including the high priest and his assistant.


This is the essence of what I deliriously shoot like a mad man and this is the genre of my photography.

Dont ask me questions just see my pictures I dont ask questions of the people I shoot , the people I shoot have faces I dont ask their names.

I know the name of the head priest and their children suffices in a situation such as this.

And honestly why should media shoot such mundane stuff..on hot burning Sunday afternoon with or without shoes..

I shoot barefeet burning my sole to keep my flesh alive.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube