Friday, August 23, 2013

Lifes Journey Never Ends ..



285103 images I shot and why I shot , what I shot beats me  I just shot impulsively , I did not compose , I just aligned my camera to my cosmic eye and let it do the rest .. people I shot I hardly saw them again..specially at Haji Malang a Holy Sufi Shrine perched on a mountain top, no motorable road , you have to walk up, I walk up barefeet...

I met interesting people , crazy camera hating people but it did not deter me I shot what I thought I had to shoot ..I did not shoot to sell images , I did not shoot to make a coffee table book, never shot with a motive or an agenda I shot because I was destined to shoot what was destined to be shot by me.

It may sound crazy it was Moharam time 2004 0r 2005 I had scourged my back and I came to Haji Malang invited by the head of the Chancawalli Rafaees , Sikandar Wali Shah Baba it was it to give a few prints I  met him stayed for a day ,it was here I accidentally met the Hijras and thus began several trips to the top during Urus time..


Shooting pictures became a passion , became a soothing balm, and a diversion from my chronic.alcoholism, I gave up drinking and it seems an age ..never ever touched booze , gave up the chillum too..never had any  yearning once I gave up these major vices , they  died .. I used to smoke cigarettes Four Square gave that up too,,,the Internet made me give up reading writing and my long walks at Carter Road..now I type my thoughts my poems with a single finger ...

And thus I became a blogger , irrevocably I can not call myself a photographer though I am a street photographer .. my pictures are street based shot in the open I hate captive spaces I am alien to studio lights.. I use the single light of the sun and clouds as reflectors .

The Internet gave me hope a direction but no money, I pay for my internet time , and I pay for the service that provides me this getaway , I now use Brians Channel 3 have yet to pay MTNL Broadband for 2 months though I have not availed of their services ..

Life is grim , dark gloomy like the seasons of some rain no shine ,, but it could not be worse ..partial sleep ,waking up to kill bed bugs that have infiltrated my wooden bed ..I murder them they come back to suck my sweet blood.. pest control is no help at all..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube