Friday, August 2, 2013

I Stopped Shooting Beggars ... These Are All Old Reworked Images Thru Aviary



As I mentioned earlier I hardly take my camera out, and it is not laziness , just a passing phase of not shooting images at all...above all I hate taking my camera in the rain , holding the camera in one hand and the umbrella in the other damaged hand is not my cup of tea.. and I have shot most of the beggars in my area...the new ones who come here during ramzan are not as photogenic as the ones I have shot,..

My 2 year old grand daughter Nerjis , Marziya and even my youngest grand daughter 22 month old Zinnia Fatima all want to shoot with the camera on the tripod.. so there are these crazy sessions at home .. with the fish tank in the backdrop and me giving demonstrations to all three of them.

The fishes are fed by Nerjis Asif Shakir..

And honestly Aviary is not the best photo editing tool but it serves the purpose of poetizing my old pictures and mellowing them mono chromatically ..if that is the right word..

Poetry is a inner thing words are redundant ,,, poetry is soundless bliss words are only the stepping stones into the image.

I am not a Photoshop buff at all... honestly I like to shoot what I see , without minus or plus.

Life is a bore .. I wanted to go to shoot 21 Ramzan in Hyderabad but I was flat broke so I decided to sit back at home and shoot my grand children doing the Amal.. work in the rains is a droplet ... though it only floods the streets I mean the rains of Destiny.

I came to Mumbai Bombay when I was a year old .. with my mom and we stayed in the shanties of Kurla bakhar in 1954 .. so now living in Mumbai has become a lifetime of sorts..cant imagine living anywhere else not even Lucknow the city of my birth from where I was uprooted ..without memories save of both my dear grand mothers .. Khurshed Baji my fathers mom from Vazirgang next to Khakhan Manzil.. and Nazmi Begum my moms mother widow of Daroga Nabban Sab descendant of poet Mir Anees.

My dads Khurshed Baji mom was a widow too..a Shia lady who married a Sunni gentleman and made him a Shia too.. says a lot about her faith defiance and her path to promoting the True Faith of Ahle Bayth.

And all night there has been the 23 Ramzan Amal at home.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube