Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Rehmatabad Shia Iranian Cemetery Mazgaon Mumbai


I just shot these randomly , but sadly our cemetery does not have the neatness of the Khoja Shia cemetery Arambagh , maybe because of lack of funds the Khoja community is much financially sound and more organized than us.. this is my personal view .

Our cemetery is very small cramped up for space ,but over all it is quiet even on a burial day, but you wont find breathing space if you come on Chehlum and to some extent on Ashura.

Ashura most of the Shias go to their hometown but Chehlum 40 day of Imam Hussains Martyrdom or Arbaeen they return and the crowds are in lacs .

And I have shot the Chehlum Ashura here and once Shabarat the Shia All Souls day.

On of the graves here is of scholar Joe Ansari.. his wife used to come and recite fatiah here , he stayed at Daulat bldg Colaba I think bang opposite my primary school Private European School .. near Usha Sadan.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube