Tuesday, October 16, 2012

This Was A Short Series I Shot After The Lal Mitti Bandra Fire



Most of these basket weavers are inter related from one area of their hometown.. with the basket weavers of Mahim Mori Road or the Basket weavers from Mahim near the fishing village ..

They live on the pavements and sleep on the roads and it was at the one commune outside the Mahim station , where a drunk taxi driver , tried to molest a child under the mosquito net, on being apprehended by them slapped and allowed to go instead of being sent to a cop staion , in anger he came back and in inebriated state drove his cab over the sleeping children and the people seriously injuring a few that were being treated at Bhabha Hospital.

He left his cab and ran , but he was caught soon enough turns out he is a North Indian migrant , and he was angry so he drove his cab into the sleeping people ..I dont know more than what I read from the newspaper.

But I know one thing living in Mumbai for 58 years .. the evil man on the street is no more scared of the lax law and order or the inimitable Mumbai Police ..all the spate of crime done daringly show that the criminal is one up on the cops ....he is sure to beat the system one way or the other . and that the senior citizen killed so easily by a courier guy or a film executive killed by a watchman is glaring examples of a bad governance nothing else ..

The police force politically subordinated , demoralized ..can do nothing , imagine so many months and the slow pace of the Azad Maidan riot case , those that engineered this hateful campaign are still to be arrested .. only the foot soldiers and the grass root activists have been caught the guys who master minded this evil plot giving us all as Indians a bad name are laughing all the way to the bank.

I refuse to just call this a Muslim issue it affects all of us as law abiding citizens of this great metropolis.. an Indian is a Indian.. because if a few Muslims do wrong the entire Muslim society should not be targeted .. I refuse to be called just a Muslim in such cases I am Human fisrt like anyone of you what happens in my back yard affects me and all of us..

What happens across the border in Myanmar is that country's political problem needs to be addressed by them.. I have always maintained Muslims love killing Muslims .. and it is sad a single Malalah gets even Parsi friends heckled but what about those continuously raped abused as minority the nameless one in Muslim countries , nobody stands up for them.. not even Muslims shed tears when Shias are killed persecuted ..and a eunuch silence prevails ..
And suddenly the Muezzin too has gone silent to the cries of the oppressed in the Muslim World .

I am happy as an Indian we dont have such serious problems on our home soil.

This is a Blog .. and it is my personal view my pain my journey of life through the picture I shot of a basket weaver ...this is known as photo blogging .. without editorial constrains but within the moderation of sensitivity.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube