Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Pitru Paksh 2012 Banganga Walkeshwar


I shoot Pitru Paksh every year since 2005 .

I shoot the entire length and breadth from each side and I consider myself lucky when Banganga boat owners allow me to use their boat and shoot from it capturing the essence of peace hope humanity .. and I dont shoot just a few pictures I shoot a eternity ..

I promote harmony through my pictures I dont just trumpet my own religion through my Faceboook status .. I am a Shia Muslim and water is the Essence of Truth of my Faith ..Hussain is Humanity I shoot Humanity in all its diverse color ..

And every religious season that affects my city affects me too, the tree of life changes its color .. I shot the Ganesh feast the Visarjan now I will shoot the Durga pandals later the Visarjan and than get ready to shoot Bakra Eid namaz ..

And come Moharam I shall do the Tandav .. cut my head on Ashura as a protest against an evil called Yazidiyat .. ..to the chant of Ya Hussain Ya Hussain.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube