Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The Umbrella Lady of Bandra Reclamation

She lives close to my house, at Bandra Reclamation, her home is her life beneath the umbrella ,I have never seen her standing up, its as though she has been permanently attached to the floor .
I give her money most of the time I pass her by.

Even when there are heavy rains she lives this way..
No complaints, no moans or groans.

Festivals come and go, political bigwigs pass this way, but she has distanced herself from the rest of the world.

Mind you she does not beg at all, if you offer her something she takes it.. with no display of human emotion..

Is she a Hindu ?
Is she a Christian or a Muslim ?
Hardly matters , religiosity has not touched her at all with its poisonous fangs.
She is neither an atheist or an agnostic.

She is a woman the beginning and the end.

She has taken this frugal existence of hers as part of her karma.. is what I gather from her silence and her eternally sealed lips..
Omerta the poor womans code of Silence.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube