Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Jai Maharashtra Mee Mumbaikar

She is a vegatable vendor plying her business on Bandra Bazar Road, she has no shop, the politicians that talk of Maharashtrian resurgence have done nothing to change the lt of these enterprising self dependent but poor folks.
There are quite a few of them all devotees of Jari Mari Devi.

I am very fond of this elderly Maharashtrian lady, I have been shooting her pictures since a very long time, she grumbles as to what I will do with her pictures.
She tells me go shoot some pretty lady instead of an old hag like her.
But she is the best of Maharashtra.
She embodies hard work, determination and grit.
She has seen bad times , good times have not yet come to her doorsteps.

Her daughter in law sells vegetables on the same road..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube