Sunday, September 9, 2012

The Chinchpokli Girl Bandra

I met her by chance I was carrying the Tandurui Rotis round flat Indian bread in my saffron scarf as the paper the rotis are tied in gets real real hot, , I was barefeet coming from the Dargah Fakhruddin Shah Baba this afternoon..

I spotted her by fluke near the Bandra Municipal school, I placed my stick and my bag and my rotis on the floor and keeping her engrossed I shot these pictures..

She was very young and used to sit with the Old Lady of Chinchpokli , who died a few years back..

This child has godliness embedded in her being.. she is a natural born..

And I firmly believe God too loves photographers , he gives a chance to shoot his creation in better light.. call it ambient or whatever..

An here I have desisted from wring a depressing poem..

Is it because she is a Hindu child...

But she is a girl child anyway...she does not live on the streets, she comes from a poor home but home after all.

Sometimes I think by posting her picture here at Flickr I have added more best wishes to her life from those who will see her here..

This is for Dragon Fly Ri Ri a poem as blank as an empty shell of conch.. that reverberates the omnipresent freshness of OM..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube