Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Nerjis Asif Shakir is the Awakener in our House for Fast

Nerjis Asif Shakir  is the Awakener in our House for Fast by firoze shakir photographerno1



 238,698 items / 2,007,938 views


The Awakeners are an integral part of the slum Muslim or even a normal Muslims life during Ramzan carrying a small torch and and a stcik to keep away barking dogs in the slums they move around an hour or more before Sairi time shouting Jago Sairi Ka Time Hone Ja Raha Hai....wake up for  starting the fast .


Most of the daily workers depend on them , and for their services they collect bakshhesh on Thursday mornings or weekdays from house to house.




I was taking Nerjis Asif Shakir my grand daughter in the slums to distribute money to the poor and than I met them.. Nerjis was happy to pose with them as she wakes us up during Sairi time .. I am under medication for stones in my gall bladder so I have to drink a lot of water and hence unable to keep the rozas..
But I shall as soon as I finish my medicinal course ..I fell like a fish out of water or rather a fish in water as all are fasting at home save my granchildren and me ..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube