Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Jhatpat Street Photographer And The Beggar Poet of Mumbai

238,702 items / 2,007,996 views


This was shot many years back close to Wazirganj Lucknow I was with my mother in law Wassim Qazilbah, I could not give him a miss I stopped our cycle ricksha made my reluctant mother in law pose for him , she does not like street spectacles specially with a son in law who calls himself Shia Pandit and Shia Hindu ..and dresses and looks like one influenced sartorially by the Naga Babas of Junagadh Akhada.

And this was much before I became a Dam Madar Mang Ali Haq ..

The Jhaptat Street photographer was a humble kindly man and I have never forgotten him I still have the tiny picture he shot of me as keepsake memory..

There was a huge crowd as my brother in law shot these pictures and strangely I never went back to Lucknow ever again the city of my birth but not my karmic destination or karmic destiny..

Mumbai made me a Pucca Mumbaikar ..my genes my DNA firmly bound to Jai Maharashtra .. could never imagine ever living in any place but Mumbai...

And this was a textless post but inspired by the blog of fellow Indiblogger Umashankars Tented Image I added my two bits here ..

And most of my images need no text, they speak the silence of my visual poetry.. I have no mental blocks not as a blogger or a poet but never as a photo blogger .

I can confidently etch words at any given time make old pictures new bring them forward by changing the EXIF data as I have done here and add topicality to an old post.

And in all humility 238,702 items / 2,007,991 views is my bloggers long journey at Flickr.com that began on 10 June 2007..

Deepak Magic Eye another Indiblogger introduced me to Flickr in 2005 an account that I deleted soon after...we had met at Fotohing and Deepak is my oldest friend supporter guide on the internet..

My 4 year old grand daughter Marziya Shakir is net savvy, knows her blogs , and shoots like a Pro without intimidation from guys with beter cameras lenses and attitude too..she perhaps shoots silly pictures but they speak the language of wisdom and street sauciness .

The one year old blogger waiting in the wings street photographer Nerjis Asif Shakir shoots pictures like her sister Marziya Shakir, but she hits the shutter while I hold the Canon EOS 60D for her .
I tried to make her shoot with the Manfrotto tripod but the tripod in its normal state is taller than her and I hate to reach on tripods holding the camera with the strap around your neck ..is photography..
Nerjis Asif Shakir is a born street photographer ..with a cosmic eye that shoots pictures much faster than the Canon EOS 60D .

So sometimes reading another persons blog adds a continuity to his blogpost too..
Thank you Umashankar.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube