Sunday, May 20, 2012

Clarence Gomes of 100 Bazar Road Bandra


Clarence Gomes is the founder of Bandra Times a local weekly paper that brings you the news of old time Bandra and Clarence and I are old time friends its his press card that hangs around my neck whether I shot the Bandra train serial bomb blast or the Dadar Kabutarkhana bomblast.. including the fires that destroyed the shanties of Behrampada or Garib Nagar Bandra East.

I dont leave home without the camera or the Bandra times Press card , the service is honorary, and all my pictures are online at Flickr.com.

The press card is a lucky talisman to save my opinionated arrogant colored as from photographer hating cops specially cops that hate guys like me shooting on the streets.

Clarence Gomes has done a lot for the poor the needy with his youth club at St Peter grounds Bandra , and I have the highest respect for this ex NAB official who worked his life away among the blind.

So no photowalk is complete without meeting Clarence Gomes at his century old villa at Bandra Bazar Road..and this was my first photowalk with friends I normally shoot my stuff alone.. I dont mic I am a recluse . I know everyone in the area but it is the beggars who I have helped that come kiss my hand ..they also know I am a holistic healer Dam Madar Malang and a devout Shia.

I heal through the pictures I take my blogs are born with wings and reach your window sill too with a message of peace hope humanity.

I shoot barefeet .. and am dressed in my Malang attire..

Mostly on Sundays I shoot all this with my 4 year old grand daughter Marziya Shakir who is a street photographer too and the one hanging on my waist 9 month old Nerjis Asif Shakir is learning to shoot pictures too.

Marziya Shakir shoots on the Canon EOS 7D or the Canon EOS 60D.

All three of us are Google Plussers .

Dont search for us on Facebook..

We are on Twitter and Indibloggers too.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube