Sunday, April 15, 2012

The Street Slums of Bandra

This entire slum belongs to a printer family of Bandra , and I visited this many years back as one of my tailors had his workshop here , the backyard of this slum borders on the railway tracks and most of the slums were created by Muslim migrants from Uttar Pradesh..

Now all this land this depressing humanity is prime land ...every single square feet costs a bomb..I was eager that my American friend Dr Glenn Losack who shoots the poor the beggars take a room on rent and than feel relive the sufferings of the poor , merely shooting pictures only makes you a photographer but breaking bread with them living with them makes you human and a poet too.

My house is close to several slums but a more affluent slum , and if I got out of my cab I could go on shooting pictures forever..

I know where stories are held captive , I know my next picture before it happens , I can force a hijra to my vision and shoot him the moment he steps out of my mind in front of the camera ..

These are humble gifts I inherited as a Malang..

We heal through pictures poems and the pain of another man..

I wonder when guys with mocking smiles expensive cameras tell me thee is nothing to shoot in Mumbai..and I feel like telling them the picture is always pursuing us stalking us wanting to be noticed by all you kind guys out there ..
I am a minimalist shooter of Pain.

I feel it I share it..others see it GooglePlus It...

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube