Monday, November 7, 2011

The Hijra On Bakra Idd

Spotting a hijra has always been auspicious to me as I consider them an integral part of the human order and the human spectrum..
They are men who have decided to live life as women , and they live peacefully unless you provoke them , but they are target for abuse , homophobic hate of society that considers them lower than the lowest..
Hijras come out on Bakra Idd to beg and most of all to get some meat as kurbani meat is holy and healing too..

I met the hijras near my house , they come for meat too, but this was the group that my grand daughter Marziya Shakir 3 year old shot, so they inquired about her , Marziya is at her mothers place out of Mumbai.

But as a street photographer my grand daughter is highly respected and has a big fan following among the beggars and the slum kids.

We shoot pictures but we are both bloggers , our pictures will never end up as prints we see pictures as blogs we shoot photo blogs each picture is a means to an end and an unending story of life sufferings and pain..

Having shot the zanjir matam on the streets Marziya Shakir knows pain and has felt pain..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube