Monday, November 7, 2011

Bakra Idd Mubarak 2011 My New Set Flickr.com

210,035 items / 1,735,312 views

Cutting the kurbani bakra is an art and a fine tuned technique not causing pain to the sacrificial goat, and following the tenets of kurbani..and this was shot a few years back but I am updating the post today adding it to my new set Bakra Idd 2011 .

I did not go to buy the bakra this year but I got up early , to go and shoot the Idd Namaz at the Bandra Station , there were not many photographers this time, the Bandra Police bandobast was excellent Senior Inspector Samad Shaikh led from the front, and the proceedings went off peacefully, I shot the Muslims beggars not many , of course I shot a Hindu beggar girl dressed in an elaborate hijab too face covered and all , and why not she will get good money and charity is charity she was with a group I know and are very ingenious .. I have no issue necessity is the mother of invention..Being a photographer who documents the life of beggars urchins etc I have a dossier in my head of most of the beggars in Bandra in my area


I shot bakra kurbani in the slums and in the neighboring building near my house.

I shot the beggar hijras the same ones my grand daughter Marziya Shakir shot last year.

My wife and sons bought the bakra had it cut at Ebu bhais place but it was very expensive this year they were grumbling ..we are the middle class the vanishing class , we dont buy expensive goats our sacrifice is the token of our humility and gratitude for his bounty his benevolence and generosity.

So this is the Introduction of my new set at Flickr which includes the Idd Namaz and the kurbani.. pictures of goats I shot prior to Bakra Idd I will include in this set..
I missed my friend Pratik Koli.. and more than anything I miss both my grand daughters Marziya Shakir Nerjis Asif Shakir ther are at their mothers hometown.

My new grand daughter Zaira Saif Shakir is also at her mothers place so it is a very quiet Bakra Idd my end..

I have just come home showered and will upload my pictures now ..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube