Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The Greatest Actor On Earth Mr Rajesh Khanna

193,790 items / 1,564,733 views


An institution a guideline for acting and a stellar performer he has aged gracefully, taken a philosophical backseat from the rat race of Bollywood , nobody can touch his stature his reach and his success graph a phenomenon he was and still is .

He was not well but is recovering and these are pictures I shot of him at home and meeting him is going back to his world a world that never fades ..

I watch him emote , his nuances read like Ghalibs poetry, a piece of loaf and a glass of bubbly wine.. he is human generous understanding,he cannot and will not tolerate fools, and I try hide that aspect of my personality considerably well ..

He is very fond of me and behind this is a nostalgic anecdote that I narrated to him when I shot the pictures , and besides these three I shot another lot before I shall upload later.

Many years back I worked for Badasab and Kaka Saab as he is fondly called was very friendly with my boss Kishore Bajaj..I was young and a wee bit naive but I was not stupid I was a natty dresser those days..there was a party at Kishores house at Pali Hill and a lot Bollywood celebrities were there and the successful film Sauten had rejuvenated Mr Rajesh Khannas stature and he was there too.

He called me as he knew me and I told him why he did not let me do his clothes I was a fashion designer with Kishore , he answered he already had a designer Moiz and was ok with him , I blurted out Sir I am ready to be Sauten in that case.,..Sauten means second wife .. second fiddle in my case.,, as fashion designer along with Moiz... that almost made him burst out laughing..

My boss overheard this retort and the next day I got a massive dose of Kishores wild temper as Kishore Bajaj did not mix his friendship with business ..

And after so many years water under the bridge when Mr Rajesh Khanna calls me for his personal clothes whatever I go there and help him out...I go there simply to observe him , his style his effervescence of his moods gestures and sometimes his smiling rebuke,,

And no actor worth his salt can ever smile like Mr Rajesh Khanna.

Mr Rajesh Khanna is very fond of my grand daughter 3 year old Marziya Shakir a street photographer who is in pre KG but shoots on the Nikon D 80...he will inquire about her .. and on her birthday last year had invited her to his home placed her on his lap and became her grand father too..offering her sweets and got lost in a sad reverie of nostalgia and longing..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube