Saturday, October 15, 2011

Believe Me It Was Never Easy Shooting The Hijras..

Getting their Trust was more important than just befriending them to document their life their angst without commercial gain or profit...it was the poet in me that sought them out my pain their pain the pain of living in a world almost half filled to the brim with bigots ..racists and inborn homophobic hate..

My hijra pictures are the product of my poetry my humility and my humanity..I shot them neither for titillation or for ridicule..I shot them as the other integral part of society ..
And Laxmi Narayan Tripathi my hijra Guru and a dear friend Stephe Feldman of Androgyne helped me to attain this position..I am thankful to both of them.

And Ma Madhurima Ma my other Hijra Guru from Park Site Vikhroli.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube