Saturday, October 15, 2011

The Cross Dressers of Mumbai

Nishi is a Muslim cross dresser who has struggled through life seen pain misery persecution and abuse at every stage , his family did not take kindly to his sexual orientation , but he performed on stage did local fashion shows dance programmes wedding parties and made money bought a shop two flats , one he lives with his family the other he gave out on rent.

He came to my house with Ritu Hijra met my wife my daughter and both were surprised as my family treated them with respect and as human beings.

I have not met Nishi since a few years now..I met Ritu at Haji Malang this year and I dont run after them for pictures .. I prefer shooting new hijras and God fills my plate with them as an avid passionate photographer.

I am now in all humility a legend among the hijras.. I have made most of them famous through my photo blogs.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube