Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Yes I Shoot Hijras As Poetry of Life

186,253 items / 1,467,012 views


If I shot hijras as a photographer I would get great images but I shot the hijras a poet and what I got was poetry of their life..I came here barefeet and shot this birthday proceedings and simply because my dear sweet friend Simran dancer transgender invited me here I gave her a string of Iranian turquoise as birthday gift.. and we have been great friends I have never called her a hijra.

Simran is a simple soul no strings attached if she was not a performer she would have been a beautician or a teacher or even an air hostess .. but than unfortunately they have no luck and even Bollywood is racist it looks down upon hijras or you could have a hijra as a heroine and a Khan running after her round the trees but than who would see this kind of film..

The hijras I have shot her paragons of beauty not natural but yet they carry themselves with aplomb.. I know guys who pay ludicrous amount of money to sleep with hijras and I have nothing against man loving another man thats his prerogative his problem..

I shoot the hijras as sensitively as possible and the hijras respect me some hate me for showcasing their myth on the internet but than who cares a sweet fuck..

Simran I meet both at Haji Malang and Ajmer and we get along fairly well I have never been to her house she has invited me many a times .This birthday party was the first time I really shoot the hijra without inhibitions and it was not hijras who came to this party but all friends of Simran normal folks her friends and her colleagues from the performing world.

Simran like Salma is a Hijra activist figting for hijra rights AIDS awareness maybe not as vocally heard as Laxmi Narayan Tripathi but all in all they are doing a fabulous job and I have inundated my Facebook wall with links from this memorable set to show you up close the hijra way of life as humanly as human it is I shot it humanly too..

And I am not a qualified celebrity photographer but yes I shoot hijras differently I dont search for angles I just shoot from the perspective at hand..I shoot what my heart soul mind sees the poetry of the hijra life as a dimension of society the same society that fucks and enjoys fucking hijras but hypocritically shuns the hijras as untouchables..

I am not a hijra activist but through my pictures I show you the invisible hijra humanity love of life passion poetry and pathos and this was a bank post I have just up dated it.

Unfortunately my Shia background with its inimical narrow mindedness put me on a clobbered foot for my children's weddings my family forbid me to invite the Hijras and the Naga Sadhus and I dont blame them..

And its too late for me to marry again and invite the hijras to my wedding ...

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube