Wednesday, May 25, 2011

What is a Blog According to a Street Photographer and a Poet

187,540 items / 1,477,180 views

Blogging could mean a lot of things to a lot of people..It could be good it could be bad it could be a rant or disciplined poetry of a persons soul and surroundings.

Blogging is incorrigibly addictive and blogging is adding pictures where no pictures existed before ,blogging is throwing light on pain other issues and beyond.

Blogging can overthrow a government
,

Blogging is change and Poriborton.


Blogging can be good bad and ugly.

I began blogging in 2005 at Blogspot Buzznet Fotothing Webshots as a photo blogger I shot pictures posted them and thereby created my angst ethos as photo blogger.. a lot of people helped me on the way, guiding me reprimanding me and molding me this is my humble tribute to each one of them ,master bloggers poets journalers , some fade away, some fell in love died online and are now tilling the soil away from the internet.. a curse and a boon.

Later Flickr Facebook and Twitter.

Than came maturity , understanding and finally poetry all through a blog fragmented genius beggar bowl creativity whatever you feel deemed to call it.

The picture I have posted is of an East Indian man..who stays in a dying enclave called a gaothan or part of a fishing village ..he lives in a cottage with his brother and they live a life of penury frugality.

They dont mix dont talk, the elder one in the picture was seriously sick , I made it a point to wish and pray for him , he was on the verge of dying but God saved him.

His younger brother does not like to be photographed but I shot him , he wears a singlet shorts he washes wears the same every day I think.


I dont know their story but it is a story of unending pain ,and when you reside in a property like this you are a cynosure of envious eyes specially the builder mafia.. people ingratiating themselves just to get a piece of the pie worth crores.

I gained his trust gradually and the outcome was this posed picture... or I shot him candidly ..

This is the path I take to work as a short cut.

This is the only picturesque enclave of 5 or 6 houses clinging to each other away from the madding sounds shrills of Bandra Bazar Road on both sides..you have to enter a very tine by lane from both ends to enter this place..and there is another very tiny path that brings you in hardly used.

They are the Misquitta brothers and a few weeks back I saw him nattily dressed , for the first time he was wearing a crisp white cotton shirt and black trousers he was going for a wedding I did not have my camera I would have shot his picture .

When I took this picture he asked me why I shoot pictures if I dont sell..I told him I was fascinated with the struggle the life of the common East Indian.. and I wanted those who had migrated settled abroad to know what life is this side of a dark moon.. I told him this he became happier I also told him the biggest culprit that had never stood up for the rights of the East Indian ethos was the fat rich laid back Catholic Church , it allowed with its eyes turned away, to let the outsiders come and rob pillage destroy the East Indian heritage for good.


I have lived at Ranwar a part and extension of Pali Village Bandra Bazar road so I know the pain the pathos the poetry of the last survivors of the East Indian community in Bandra.

I wish sometimes I was a full fledged journalist I could sit take down his story and share it like others but I am not too good with the written words my grammar my syntax so I shoot pictures unhindered that tell the story of a mans pain.

The blog is science of holistic healing and in recent times the blog micro blog bought to end the scourge of dictators in the Middle East and on our home turf the Red Light brigade of Bengal.

Yes the blog is a testimony of our times truth and beyond.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube