Saturday, May 21, 2011

The Hijra Dancing Performers at Weddings



















186,255 items / 1,470,063 views

My religiosity has nothing to do with what I shoot like or dislike I respect the pig in the gutter too.. he has a right to live and nobody can take away that right from him save the butcher ..

I should not be judged by the pictures I shoot , I shoot what I see what triggers my soul more than a human being I am a poet I am not a bigot.. or a racist..I live I let others live too in their worlds.

This was a blank post I bought it forward and I am blogging my angst I dont have to give a disclaimer nor have I too prove that I am better or a lousy Muslim that final judgement God will make.. Muslims may or may not like hijras does not form part of my treatise on the documentation and their lives and I dont think any publishing house will approach me for my blogs as long as I am alive after my death all my blogs will be deleted my last and Akhri wish to my children.

So I shoot hijras and pimp my hijra blogs and other blogs on Facebook and Twitter and a bit on Blogspot.

I was lucky to have shot all this I was lucky I had my camera I dont leave home without my camera..

This was the first time I shot these performing hijras they perform at poor Muslim weddings or the middle income one.. most of the new era Tablighi Miyas dont like them has nothing to with their way of earning a livelihood.

You have to see this entire set at Flickr to understand the hijra pain the sufferings and their travails they are men but entrapped by fate in a bottle as women.

My three year old grand daughter a serious photographer has watched the hijras as she toddled her way through life and she has shot the hijra last year many frames during Bakra Eid.

Strangely like me she can spot the hijra is part of her intuitive response to life and hereafter..

The hijras of this lot Reshma Farah knew my grand daughter from the time she sat perched on my waist and hijras dont scare Marziya Shakir at all..

When Marc De Clercq my dear friend came to outr house recently he gave her two picture post cards one of a Malang the other of a Hijra .. after he left Marziya asked me Dad yeh Woh Hai

I nodded my head..sometimes she becomes my guru.. though she does not treat me as her Guru at all and pays allegiance to a white man who gave her a Nikon D 80 as a Hanukkah present an American Brooklyn Jew connected to a Shia Indian Muslim family.


Marziya Shakirs Guru is Manhattan's Dr Glenn Losack MD..

Marziya Shakir photographerno1 is 3 and a half years old..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube