Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Shia Hijra From Mumbai






182,295 items / 1,434,218 views


Firstly as a Shia myself what has his sexuality got to do with his faith or my own, he has taken a path , its his path , his salvation, and his choice does not reflect on the Shia community and I am sure there are good bad ugly among Shias as there are in every community.

He has become a full fledged hijra , but he meets me during Moharam in Mumbai and is as much as a devout Shia I am with all my cut glass flaws.

I am proud he faces his gender dilemma bravely and he is more man than others who cloak their weakness behind long beards and robes too.,.. it does not matter to me..

I am updating this post today it was a blank post.

He criies weeps beats his chest for Hussain and I met Shia hijras in Hyderabad In Kolkatta too.. and I shot them , I have no issue with their choice who am I to judge them hijras are human and at least dont rape and sodomize the nation as the politicians do ..

I get fed up of a few bigot Shias who like me but dont like me shooting hijras , and who cares a sweet fuck, I shoot what I shoot and it is my choice as a street photographer , my 3 year old grand daughter Marziya Shakir shoots hijras too so whats the big deal..


So when I inundate my Facebook wall with hijra links from Flickr , it is my wall, you have to just remove me from your feeds ..
I like hijras period, and I have a normal sexual orientation but I shoot hijras differently , my wife has no objection so why should my shooting hijras bother anyone .. I cant shoot birds fornicating or bees humping the soul of virgin flowers I shoot the street , I shoot pain I shoot hijras and their soul and my own is interlinked poetically and through the camera too.

I have shot some of the most ugliest hijras and some of the most beautiful ones and most of them treat me as Guru kind of person , touch my feet ..I have shot hijras in whore houses , in red light areas I have shot hijras at Darrgas at Imambargahs I have shot hijras where I have shot man..

And if a Hijra follows any religiosity who am I too stop him..

I have no sponsors I fund my own trisp I sell my camera equipment my jewelery just to go and shoot the Urus in Ajmer or Haji Malang, I dont sell my pictures ..

Because of the racist outlook of Wordpress Support I removed my Hijda Eunuch blogs from public view ..I shoot hijras and tell their story their struggle their despair and I do it through poetry too...

And so my simple plea to bigots in my own community please dont add me as a friend on Facebook I am not going to change my spots or my stripes to satisfy the shortcomings that you inherited from your narrow minded parents too bad..

I am a Shia but my surrounding too played a very important part I lived with Christians Hindus and Parsis they changed me no doubt made me a much better Muslim than I could have ever been..

Yes I shoot Hijras , I cant go chasing after celebrity figures , I prefer shooting the dark side of the moon the other side of Midnight of Man called the Hijra.

And I have a Hijra Guru Laxmi Narayan Tripathi I have a Sufi Guru Peersab Fakhru Miya Hujra No6 Ajmer Sharif..I have a Naga Sadhu Guru Shree Vijay Giri Maharaj of Junagadh, A Christian Guru Fr Jaun of St Peter Church and the greatest guru guru of all gurus is one gifted humanity with the Nahajhul Balagha.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube