Sunday, January 2, 2011

Majlis and Arti at the Municipal Garden Bandra East

As soon as the majlis ends at one end of the garden , the arti of Shri Sai Baba takes place at the other end where the temple is located ,each one does his thing , without hindrance and here you see the cosmopolitan nature of our beloved city Mumbai , its unique tolerance level and seamless mutual co existence of two different faiths at one single venue.

As I was shooting the Shia ethos I shot the activities of the Temple to, and and the devotees of the temple who know me very well, came up to me and thanked me and wished me well.

Bigotry is the greatest curse of Humanity , and even in Chennai I saw the Hindu Tamils waiting with their newly born children to have the kama performed on them , or ladies waiting with floral tributes for Zuljana , and this is what endears me to my country as a Hindu Shia born in India of Shia parentage.

Hinduism is the culture that I was born into and as a blogger I have paid ample tribute , to its essence and its message of Hope and Humanity.How can I ever forget this land of the Ganges was the land Imam Hussain wanted to come , in order to avoid blood shed among the Muslims.

So come what may, I try to shoot this juloos the Bandra Juloos of Our Fourth Imam Zainul Abedin, not only as a Shia occurrence of our Faith but as our religions amazing nature of giving respect to all faiths yes very Hussain is Humanity , Hussain is Hope fr the down trodden , the hopeless and the oppressed..

Bakhuda Har Kaum Pukaregi Hamare Hain Hussain.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube