Wednesday, December 8, 2010

I Shoot Myself In The Mirror Of Life

155,040 items / 1,218,982 views

I dont know why I shoot barbers but yes I shoot barbers at grass root level the people I shoot cant afford hair stylists for sure , and so I shoot this roadside hair cutting saloon on my way to work.. he is used to my Alfred Hitchcock cameo , forcing myself to the frame I shoot .. a silhouette of a blogger in the street mirror of life.

For those of you who have recently added me as friend I dont celebrate my birthday at all, firstly because my childhood friend who studied for a short while with me at Holy Name High School Fort died on the day I was supposed to have been born,I have not got over his death till date my dear departed friend Ramesh Anna or Ramesh Alva.

The other reason i wont be celebrating my birthday or any happy Indian feast day is because I am in the midst of Moharam ,which for us Shias , I am a Shia too , is the greatest period of tragedy , we mourn for Imam Hussain and this continues for two month eight days ,, the two important days in the Shia calendar are Ashura and Chehlum....and the last day before Moharam gets over called Athvi.. the day Moharam gets over and the Shias get over the mourning is known as Eid E Zehra Mother of all Eids ,,

As a practicing Shia I only wear black clothes no white or grays no other color or monotone, no music no celebrations at all ..

The only problem I am having this time is the fact I dont know which city to shoot for Ashura this year , last year I shot Hyderabad , I did try to connect with guys in Tamilnadu to shoot Moharam in Chennai , but I am in two minds as I dont know anyone in Chennai I mean Shia folks.

So I might just shoot Moharam in Mumbai, and I miss my American friend Dr Glenn Losack who would give away all his wealth just to come to India and shoot Moharam..but he is stuck in the karmic wheel of his pain..poetic and real.


Jalal my Shia friend from China too wanted to know when I would upload my Moharam pictures Jalal is from Lucknow and we have been friends on the Internet for over 6 years , we have not met in real life as yet. His father is the eminent poem Kazim Saab and he is directly related to Maulana Agha Roohi.

I have a Shia site Shah Ast Hussain , but I dont post all my stuff there and now in the background my daughter Samiya and my elder daughter in law are doing matam.. the first day of Moharam, Chand Nikla hai Mahe Aza Ka and Marziya is beating her chest and my wife must be doing the same at Bibi Zainabs Roza in Damascus..

So this is a blog it cannot come to life without a picture , I did not know what I would write the mouse moves freely ..encapsulating words into memories and emotions.

Kaun Shama Jalayega Aakar ..Chand Nikla Hai Mahe Aza Ka .. 'Hussain Hussain Hussain

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube