Monday, September 20, 2010

A Miracle At The Court of Lalbagh Chya Raja

145,232 items / 1,116,596 views


Vakratunda Mahaakaaya Suryakotee Sama Prabha
Nirvighnam kuru mey Deva, Sarva kaaryeshu Sarvadaa

This post I am blogging now is nothing short of a miracle and miracles are nothing but appeasement of human soul by divinity on meritorious grounds is my personal opinion.

For me Lalbagh Chya Raja is a powerful phenomenon of my thread that I promote on cyberspace Hope and Hindutva a Message of Peace and Humanity .

And in all humility as a Muslim Indian born I respect my culture and it has touched me in more ways than one through Hindu friends contacts well wishers and has contributed positively to my growth as human being too,

I know people would give anything to have his darshan but than that is their karmic fate attached to their hope and consciousness ,I shot Lalbagh Chya Raja on the photo shoot meet and Press conference thanks to my dear friend Raju Langewal ,without his permission and his Invitation I could have not entered the Court of Lal Bagh Chya Raja , as I am definitely not from Media.

I do have a valid Press Card given to me by Clarence Gomes of NAB for his Bandra local news fortnightly called Bandra Samachar.

A card that hangs round my neck like a lucky talisman and around the neck of two and a half year old grand daughter Marziya Shakir a street photographer too who shoots efficiently on my Nikon D 80.

Well after having shot the Raja last week having posted about 217 pictures on Flickr and a few on Facebook Twitter , I had no intention of going back to shoot him , I would shoot him during Visarjan as I have been following him barefeet from the morning of Visarjan to the next morning but due to Ramzan fast last two years I aborted the procession at Kumbharwada after shooting the Muslims of Do Tanki felicitating the Raja .

I would like to go to Girgaum Chowpatty but my diabetic condition does not allow me to do so and strangely I broke my second last fast of Ramzan this year at the Raja's Press conference Ramzan and Raja in my life are inter related.

This morning my wife told me there was a small ladies l private function at home and to make myself scarce by late afternoon..so I thought of going to Lalbagh Chya Raja I called my media friend Pratik Koli and we would meet at Hemant Sawants Ganesh Color Lab at Lalbagh.

I reached early as my son Saif dropped me near the pandal of Ganesh Gully I shot the Raja of Ganesh gully and waited at Ganesh Color Lab for Pratik.
I waited almost an hour than I thought I would visit the pandal of Raja.on my own.

The entire area was cordoned off all the entries blocked I tried calling my friend Raju Langewal but not reachable , I decided to shoot the crowds and head home.

This was not my day at all.

I saw an opening and the volunteer allowing handicapped people my leg too was bandaged I wore a single socks as my leg is genuinely bad shape , the volunteer recognized me but the cops would not let me in somehow , I managed to make my way in , a little ahead I was again questioned by the cops but another volunteer came up and told the cop he knew me tilll I reached the Lalbagh entrance I met Mr Sudhir Salvi he allowed me in , I could not believe it again the cops caught me and than the head of the Pandal Mr Satish Khankar saw me and nodded his head and as I entered the podium I realized I was on stage with Lalbagh Chya Raja in my entire life having shot the Raja I was never allowed on the stage .

I leave the rest to your Imagination I shot a few frames as the crowds wanted me to move and I came out I thanked all the volunteers Mr Salvi and Mr Satish Khankar...this was a dream opportunity and Lalbagh Chya had given me a personal hearing..for having shared all his pictures with all of you all these years.

The first thing I did after coming out I walked a long distance barefeet in the rains took a bus to Wadala depot and shot over 100 pictures of the Raja of GSB Ganeshotsav Samiti Wadala

I always wanted to shoot him but I managed it this year finally and the volunteers of this GSB were very cooperative and gave me permission for the same.

So I will keep my Visarjan photos , my Vartak Nagar Dahi Handi pictures GSB Kings Circle pictures on hold and post these new ones today.



So meeting the Raja face to face and Dabbang , the film tickets and Rs 5100 and the ladoos that I had presented on the Press Conference day on behalf of star mother Mrs Punam Sinha .. have spiraled Sonakshi as the next biggest thing in Bollywood and Salman Khan the Superstar .of all times past present and future.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube