Sunday, August 15, 2010

Those Who Fuck The Nation is The Name of The Game

137,251 items / 1,062,679 views

as a photographer
i shot this a day before
the independence day
because whether
i shoot it today
or tomorrow
it is all the same
i feel a sense of shame
both holding
on to the chairs
for power
is the name
of the game
kashmir burns
hope in flames
common wealth
games nothing
not even self respect
honor left to reclaim
if it is not them
is it the system
of the people
for the people
by the people
or simply
the eunuch silence
of the people
to blame
we are not human
mother India weeps
within a barbed iron frame
we cannot wipe her tears
we have lost our claim


I shot all this today relentlessly , than I went and shoot the Nag Panchmi at Jari Mari temple Bandra and finally shot Lord Ganesha being created as God from clay by the very people he created from clay too and it was my third Ramzan fast..

I also shot the angst of the Muslims their hopes bound to Ramzan a few hours before the opening their fast...

I shot the soul of God and through him the soul of Humanity., and I am in a state of anguish , as a poet and as a human being as so many questions pervade the air but no answers to any one of them..

Shooting the kids selling our national flag was the only way I saw them redeem our honor and self respect..testifying to their acts was the burning fire in their stomachs ..

My title is not to shock or awe but a truth in all its crudity as all around me is worst crudity and obscenity against the nation than my words..

Happy Independence Day to all of you ..this is a small set on Flickr..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube