Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Silhouette of the Hijab

135,539 items / 1,036,799 views

calling
her mom
to tell her
all is not
well
the man they
got her married
to has an
alcoholic breath
he smells
he does not go
to work
for long spells
the children
she
has removed
from the school
the land lady
is harassing them
the rent unpaid
in the slums
where they dwell
her jewelry
the little bit
she had
she was
forced to sell
she continued
tears i could
feel lashing
her soul
as well
she was
working
at a call
center now
life was tough
things
will get better
she said
to herself
woman a
commodity
beyond the
expiry date
dying on
dusty shelf
hope
her only cry
for help

This is not her story I hope not but all stories come from human situations and it has been almost 3 months since I stopped walking to my work place through the slums..the poet is an earthen pot that cracks when you over fill it with pain.

I got tired as I saw the shanties the open doors showing remorse and pain within..I was not shooting pictures each picture of pain was shooting me down too.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube