Saturday, July 31, 2010

The Girl Child And Hope

135,633 items / 1,044,203 views

She saw me shooting the beggars in this narrow winding lane she came up to me and said Uncle why dont you take my picture too..so as a contrast to the woeful surrounding around her she was like a rose of hope in sunshine with some rain.

I shot her picture and I dont think before I shoot I hate wasting time no composition no rules street photography is about breaking flouting rules to show you the true face of humanity as it sells its pain like a commodity on the roads.

Some throw a coin move ahead , some just move ahead dont throw coins, they detest beggars and some tell me quite emphatically Muslim beggars are disgrace to Muslim society.. of course they dont say that Muslim society has beggars running around asking for fat donations to build a new mosque or madrsa.

Anyway this post is about the little child and hope and I will take a U turn forget about the beggars that form the setting of this blog.

Muslim girls are vulnerable and are trustworthy so they come to harm like the case of the serial rapist at Nehru Nagar Kurla.

And it is up to the parents to teach them to stay away and not inter act with strangers completely.

The person who preys on children is normally the nice kind uncle and he can look like anyone including me.


But in most cases in the slums parents forget this important dictum as they are both working making ends meet.. its the tragedy of our life.


In some cases it is the mother who is a single parent works in many houses as a maid because the husband is a wife beater and alcoholic this is a case I am aware of but she wont complain to the cops she loves her husband far too much he is not loaded or rich like the media addictive husband in the news one hears about.

She has a few kids and has to leave them at home alone and one or two have injured themselves seriously but as I said there is no escape.

So this little girl I did not know whose picture I shot on request taught me a lesson of life in pain but also a smile that said Uncle dont worry Good is Great he protects me all time and he is hope embedded in my shadow.

So I have poetized a street picture in prose....but I hope you read it like a poem of life in bloom.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube