Saturday, May 1, 2010

I Complete 125000 Photo Blogs at Flickr

125,009 items / 880,833 views

I don't think I could have ever reached this far without my friends both at Flickr Twitter and Facebook..and Google Image search , Yahoo image search, and honestly most of my readers and viewers according to my Flickr blog stats come to see the Hijras their pictures that I have collected over the years , and let me confess they were not easy to come by , I faced opposition I faced hardships but I continued shooting them .

I wrote hijra poems and bought home the hijra as a human being.

And because of financial constrains I could not go to shoot the Koovagam Eunuch festival, this broke my heart but I took it in my stride.. each year I say next time and next time has never come..even Ajmer becomes difficult but Gharib Nawaz calls me even if it is for 3 days.


So this is a big thanks to all of you out there , yes I am a street photographer and a photo blogger pedestrian poet of sorts ..


And the picture is of a slum child , who show me their world living on the edge but with confidence and hope twinkling in their eyes ..

They all have dreams to rise fly and these are the versatile future of my country..and yes they count..and I show you their zeal their passion and joy through my pictures .

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube