Saturday, May 1, 2010

The Marathi Manoos On Maharashtra Day

I was on my way to work with my wife when I spotted him from the ricksha , I told my wife to proced and I jumped out of the ricksha , this was a sad moment , he is the original inhabitant of the state I live in Maharashtra and today we cerebrate Maharashtra day, there is nothing unusual about penury bad times and begging..but seeing him helpless made me cringe as a street photographer and a street poet..

Mills have become malls for the rich man they say
Mumbai the rich mans paradise in every way
the marathi manoos the muslim beggar begs
a pain that wont go away both in mutual
coexistence they stay for better times to
their gods they respectively pray
happiness dignity peace of mind respect
is more important than calling
the city mumbai or bombay
political convenience political apathy
has killed the spirit of the common man
what more can he say
May 1 remembered as
Maharashtra Day
a tribute to the Martyrs
who fought and passed away
a tribute to their memory we pay

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube