Sunday, May 2, 2010

Marziya Shakir Does a Glenn Losack

Marziya is my two year old grand daughter a humble child prodigy, she has talent she is smart and she hates being pushed .She is a crazy kick boxer too when she is mad with the world around her.

In short she is street savvy , though she gets scared of cockroaches is a secret between her and me.


Of late I don take her out because of the killing heat and humidity of Mumbai it is bad as bad can be..I shower thrice a day and change my clothes twice a day , my work clothes.

Marziya has attitude and is very opinionated like her god father Dr Glenn Losack.., they both would hit it off I am certainly sure of that..

She likes doing Matam , she thinks she is a boy she strips to her waist and her favorite Matam noha is Ran Main Hai Nala Kuna by Ali Rizvi Saab son of late Sacchey Bhai..

She knows the Busheri matam too..and the kama matam runs in her blood she keeps hitting her head with the foot ruler..

She is a polished photographer, she can shoot pictures comfortably..even when she chops off my head she does it neatly.

But she is moody and most of the time does not like being photographed and complains to my wife when I overdo it...

And her mother gets a bit upset when I tell her that once in her lifetime maybe the next Moharam I will let her taste the flagellating blades on her back..though girls are not into blood and gore but they do kama matam in Hyderabad during Ashura..


Marziya likes Jesus that she sees hung on the Cross almost everywhere at Bandra , her favorite is Lord Ganesha the elephant god , and she likes the mouse with him ..

But yes Marziya understands pain on the streets , the sufferings of the poor Muslim beggar ladies , she knows and understands I can make out by her expressions .


So Marziya has taught me much more than I have taught her , she likes to play cricket and read write..and draw.

Her grand mother made her a hijab that she wears like a second skin , I will post the pictures after I finish this huge lot I have posted at Flickr and am adding description and text.

And Glenn sent me a message for this picture..

terrific stuff
i should go to bed

miss you alot

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube