Saturday, May 1, 2010

The Limbu Mirchi Sellers of Bandra Hill Road

124,866 items / 879,884 views

They work continuously making the limbu mirchi portent to ward off evil, mostly placed at shops and houses by Hindus ..

They use wire and coal too, besides this they make balloon items and other hand made toys ..which they sell at Band Stand or Carter Road.

And they get tired too, sleeping on the pavement which is their workplace and home too, they cook on the this path that I take to my shop..

And this is street life , a life of hardship and pain , and media has no time for such common scenes but for me as a photo blogger this is the drama and poetry of Life..

I shoot the left overs , Khurchan left in the utensil of Pain..

And Marziya nowadays wears the Hijab , made by her grand mother , she wont remove it even when it is time for bed , she wont leave her home without the hijab , so how could it be a garment of oppression , perhaps she wants to be an adult at 2 year old..

She wont allow me to shoot her pictures , when she wears the hijab , she complains to my wife and this is surprising but she has got tired of the camera already.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube