Tuesday, April 20, 2010

What Could I Tweak Here

As a photographer I shot a little child, she stared deep into my eyes ,she mocks me actually , maybe as a poet in this picture I shot my mothers childhood, my daughter and my grand daughter too,..my grand daughter is about 2 years old.


I could have put this in a frame , desaturated it and hyped it as an arty picture , but I shot this fast it was not an arty picture at all..the darkness at the back is part of her somber surroundings and slum life..

In barely a second that I shot this picture she shot me too, she exposed me too, she questioned me as to what would be gained by shooting my picture,.her future is not in her frail hands at all, yes a girls life changes like a storm in a teacup, aman remains man a girl child becomes a wife a mother and a teardrop of humanity..

Now do I bore you with a poem , no I wont , poems have to be inspired and she inspires me to write make this a part of my blog on pain ..

The camera is a magical wand what God creates the camera recreates giving it a permanence that was lacking in momentum of a thought, the camera is an instrument of peace it gives abundantly and you dont have to pay to share in this joy.. as a photo blog.

I am swept away by what I shoot off my feet , ordinary situations in life that overpower my soul..yes I am a street photographer my heaven on earth is the dust of the streets ..raw emotions that isolate themselves from life to become a part of my cameras picture stories.

And I could go on but I shall stop..

When to stop is the essence of photography and poetry..measured moments of lifes melodrama replayed on your soul too..

I congratulate Benn Bell for his Diploma and inspiring others to study.. I envy him

I am far too old to re educate myself and the education system in India sucks wisdom is held together as boulders in a knap sack making a child an old man but not wise much before he ages.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube