Sunday, April 4, 2010

Long Life Best Wishes To His Holiness Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin Saab

122,483 items / 840,559 views

I normally shoot my own pictures , but this picture I have sourced from Google images and belongs to the London jamat..

www.londonjamaat.org/photos/62ndvisit_25082004-15.jpg

I hope they will forgive me this was one picture that embodies the vision of a living Saint and may he live long..Ameen.

I have had a very good relationship with the Bohra community,, and this is due to the fact that my late mother Shamim Shakir had a dear friend Rubab Ben , so my childhood was spent with the family that stayed opposite Bhendi Bazar.

I dont recall their surname , but my mom loved the Bohras our doctor too was Mullah Bakri with his quaint smelling ointments.. they stayed close to our old house at Khatau Bhuvan now Jony Castle at Wodehouse Road.

Throughout my life I have had Bohra connections and they nurtured me too, we belong to the same tree Shiate Ali , branches giving light and shade, and we are followers of Ahle Bayt.

Man Kunto Maula (Jis Jis ka main moula us us ka Ali moula)

I am not into dogma or unnecessary diatribe ..I shoot all religiosity and when my dear friend Dr Glenn Losack from Manhattan came down to Mumbai he shot His Holiness seated in his car and the hordes of Bohra men and women following him , Glenn as I called him had never seen such spiritual euphoria in his life.

My Bohra friends who I remember this day was the Abbas Bhai of Roma Byculla, the Hussain Asiwala family and the Jasdanwalla familes whose clothes I made when I worked at a fashion store in Bandra.
And Shabbirbhai Morbiwala anfd his family too.

But it was Akbar Bhai of Something Special that inspired me to have this set Bohras of Mumbai at my Flickr photo stream...

I shot Bohra ethos Bohra faces.

Now my neighbor next to my shop is a Bohra too a very devout young man Nur Nulwala.


His Holiness Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin celebrates his 99 birthday today.
He leads from the front a living legend and Holy Saint I wish him and his followers all over the world a very long life for Syedna Saab ,so we can learn more from his vision and wisdom in the years to come. Ameen


About The Holy Living Saint

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohammed_Burhanuddin
Mohammed Burhanuddin (Urdu: محمد برھان الدین) (born March 6, 1915) is the 52nd Dā‘ī l-Muṭlaq (Dai, or Unrestricted Missionary) of the Dawoodi Bohras. The Dawoodi Bohras are a sub group within the Ismā‘īlī-Shī‘ah sect of Islam. The Dai is the de facto spiritual leader of the group, acting as the vice-regent or spokesperson for the hidden Imam.

Burhanuddin was born in Surat, Gujarat, India. He was appointed to be the future Dā‘ī at the age of 52 by his father, the previous Dā‘ī l-Muṭlaq, Taher Saifuddin. Burhanuddin succeeded his father, upon the latter's death, when he was 53 years of age. Burhanuddin has seven sons and three daughters. All members of his family reside at Saifee Mahal, Mumbai.

Burhanuddin's era has been marked by a fusion of traditional values and modern advances for Dawoodi Bohras

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube