Sunday, April 4, 2010

The Christians and The Bohras Celebrate The Spirit of Peace and Humanity

122,482 items / 840,535 views

I have another 280 pictures left to post to this set at Flickr.

Yes I dont scrounge when I shoot , I am under no editorial constrain , I am a impulsive shooter , I shoot seconds minutes within the soul of street emotions ..I see differently I shoot differently..I am a poet in a wolves clothes sometimes photographers can be wolves too..

I also shoot the conceit arrogance of media photographers and there was plenty of it around , some of the hot shot media photographers barring a few lack humility, the camera is an insult to humanity in their hands.


Some of the lady photographers I saw shooting what I and others were shooting , made me realize they had come to the wrong venues they should have been shooting a fashion on the beach in Goa.

One person I look forward to is Uma Kadam , she shoots with a passion and has always been kind to me I have grown on her pictures.She was not around this time.

I missed Mr Anil Bhartiya and Gautam Singh too.

My simple down to earth wife always cribs , she keeps remnding me why I shoot the same stuff every year, year after year, and than I get a bit bitchy by retorting why do you eat food every day , day after day year after year.she shuts up briefly..but she is happy because I dont have to buy film rolls anymore..that would have been the last straw.. she has asked the Holy Saint to see that my Nikon F100 is sold and no film cameras in the house.. I had over 225 old camera that was the bane of her domestic life and our marital bliss I gave it all away to a Chor Bazar dealer for Rs 17000 ,,,and you wont believe it I dont believe it too.. I am a poet and totally bad in making a profit out of a loss.


The only camera that my wife liked was the Canon G9 that was robbed from my person and the Mumbai Police could not get it back for me.

I am actually sick and tired of still photography I hope somebody will teach me to shoot videos.. but than I am stiff broke and the video camera is another thousand light years away from me..

My daughter Samiya has become a script writer waiting in the wings with her alter ego Manish Gaekwad..and they are a cute creative couple ..I am the biological father of one the other I have adopted out of necessity of my filial emotions.. so Manish is a Shakir too by adopted default.

And than Asad Dadan is my son too...Marziya has a very low profile father, kids on the streets think she is my child..Samiya and Marziya two names that can send Sanity away for a long long holiday.

Marziya is become a street fighter , she thinks she is a guy and when ever some kid touches her cheeks she punches and kick boxes his ass..she hates anyone touching her ..

I have bought her two Gaoti artificially colored chicks that are her new friends clicking away non stop but in a plastic basket.

And besides being Easter it is also the 99 birthday of His Holiness Syedna Mohammad Burhanuddin , so the Christians and the Bohras have a reason to celebrate both peace loving communities of Amchi Mumbai.,

I wish both the communities the very best and His Holiness Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin a very Long Life so he can guide us all with his vision and wisdom above all.

Ameen .

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube