Saturday, April 3, 2010

The Barefeet Blogger Shoots Good Friday

This is Fr Tony Parish priest Sacred Heart Church, the interior of this church I shot today as I had reached the venue of the 14 Stations of the Cross and Good Friday, the commencing point a bit early I was here barefeet by 9.30am.

I love shooting churches but my attire and my persona make it impossible , I am not know in the churches beyond where I stay.

I wanted to shoot Don Bosco Matunga but I have no contacts , I was lucky I shot Afghan Church thanks to late Fr Stephen Nazareth , he put in a good word.. I was close to Fr Stephen Nazareth , he was one of my teachers at my school Holy Name High School Fort.Later he shifted to St Andrews Church we kept in touch and than i met him before he passed away at st Joseph Chapel RC Church.

I shot Wodehouse Road Cathedral thanks to Fr Ivo.. my past is embedded in the church the sacristy and the adjoining school Holy Name of course.


Another priest who helped me grow was Fr Leslie Ratus he too passed away.

Thanks to Monsignor Neris Roderiques of Mount Mary Basilica I have shot the Mount Mary Feast every year, I miss Fr Drego of St Andrews too..

Once I used to visit Bishop Simon Pimenta who was my contact since my Holy Name days.

The only place where I have no hassles soothing Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit is St Peters Church, Bandra hill Road.. this is my home away from home I always felt that this was one church God lived and through my camera lens I captured the poetry of his divinity.

So Fr Juan and Fr Gerard are the two priests of St Peter Church who are very close to any visiting photographer I bring to this Church to shoot the beauty of the Lord that sprinkles in through stained glass windows.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube