Saturday, April 3, 2010

Nicole The Best Actress I Have Seen

This little girl in red and pink, Nicole stole my heart with her true to life performance at the passion play on Good Friday, she is a natural born actress , I could not stop shooting her, her gestures her pain transported me to Jerusalem..

She made me relive each moment I shot, later she was very tired , and I spoke to her this is my humble tribute to the little kids on the Lenten walk, their walk became my walk, and their pain became my pain.

For those of you who have tuned in late I shot this event from 9.30 am till 4.30 pm barefeet , though there was some respite sitting on the event truck, I was shooting every station , and my feet are badly burnt..I thought I would go to work after I came back from this event but I could not move a bit.

And I would do it again only to share this moment, kids encouraged me on the way, this was what kept me going , at Vakola market a few ladies washed my feet with cold water , at Mathuradas Colony I was given biscuits and a cold drink..

So I shot the 14 Stations of the Cross on Good Friday 2010.. to show and share the ethos of the Christian community, I owe them a lot I studied in their schools and they were partially responsible after my parents to make me what I am - HUMAN.. and a better Muslim that I could ever have been..believe me sometimes it is your Hindu neighbor who makes you a better Muslim and a better human being too..

I must mention here not once did the priests where I studied berate my birth or religion , they never pushed their beliefs on me nor was I ever asked to convert..yes I am a good Muslim because of my upbringing in a Catholic school, though my principal Fr FX Fernandes now dead who never much like me a secret he has taken to his grave, , always did tell me why I did not join Anjuman e Islam every time he caught me making mischief , but could not do anything about it as I always ranked first in the class jumping from 4 th directly to the sixth standard at Holy Name High School Fort.


I have no issue with anyone on matters of faith , though I was a bit upset when the videographer hired byJoe Dias treated me badly as I had unaware to his presence entered the frame of his shot I apologized to him but he kept glaring at me and than I told him if he was Subhash Ghai shooting a film , I would have shown him my rough street side too, but I ate my anger as this was not the message of this walk and continued..

He did not once apologize to me at all and I am old enough to be his father luckily I am not.so this was the only place that I lost my cool,and you would too if you were shooting this in the scorching heat barefeet..

Well my uploading of these pictures is very slow , and this is a very long series all part of a genre called barefeet street photography.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube