Monday, February 15, 2010

Shooting the Shias

117,821 items / 765,239 views

I am not cribbing nor am I complaining and I am 58 years old I have seen life I a have been an alcoholic for the larger part of the canvas of my life..I was a drug addict in college and my past is nothing to be proud of I take it as my individual walk of life..

I have never been a good husband I have always been falling in love at the drop of a hanky, nor a good father , but ever since I have up booze 12 years back I have tried to change, drugs I gave up almost 30 years back.

But I hope I am a good grandfather..for Marziya or those that will come from my children after her..

My psychiatrist had advised me when I wanted to give up drinks to take up a passion as intoxicating as Alcohol I chose photography..and mind you like alcohol photography too can be self destructive sometimes.


I began shooting the Shi ethos to show you the Shia world that is not written kindly by Wahhabis or the Ahle Hadees..the problem is every Muslim sect loves finding glaring faults in the other sect though their backyard stinks like a an open gutter.

I am not into sectarian strife and sectarian hate and if you Google Search Muslims love Killing Muslims you will see all my poems and posts...and my disgust to see Islam hijacked by spiritual terrorists and vested interests who hate Humanity.

I must REITERATE I dont shoot the Shia world for the Shias ..at all, my audience or my viewer to whom I address my pictures are my foreign friends or friends well wishers from other communities who will not get to see all this..I dont evangelize my Fath , and it is tough being a Shia anyway..and I dont seek a Shia Heaven either , my heaven is my world beneath my feet.

The Shias get to see what they do everyday they are part of their expression of Faith.. I shoot for my Christian Parsi or Hindu friends so they see our struggle beneath the layer of pain..yes we are the only community fighting for Human Rights and the Oppression of Man since 1400 years and even the Guinness Book of Wold Records does not know it.

And mind you shooting Moharam dressed as a Shia , bleeding as a Shia is not easy either the Shia bigot is everywhere insulting humiliating you and this is in Hyderabad Lucknow Mumbai.. anywhere ..and it sends me the shivers to see the chosen path of Misguidance and the elders and the Mullah watch all this with sealed lips..

Some soul searching should be done ..and I dont sell pictures or pictures for video clips .. I must be the only one does not give pictures of people I shoot.

So maybe the few Shias who get upset with me perhaps because on my site at Flickr as sets I have the Naga Sadhus , the Sufis the Hijras Hope and Hindutva .. the inheritance of my culture and I am proud of it..street pain poems and opinionated rant..

Only the Indian next door does not know about i

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube