Monday, February 15, 2010

She Cut Her Head Too

Normally Shia girls dont participate in the ritual blood shedding, but a few fathers make an exception to the rule I shot a lot of pictures of girls who had done Kama Zani at Hyderabad.

My dear friend Pappu Bhais daughter does Kama Zani during the Kurla Juloos.. I was not able to shoot it this time as I had gone to Haji Malang.

I told he father he should have called me when she took the dagger to her head , but as you have seen through my pictures something is happening at every part of the hall.

Marziya my grandaughter 2 year old does mock Kama Zani and Zanjir matam..

Shia kids are exposed to all this as toddlers accompanying their mothers and parents to the juloos and it gets embedded in their psyche.

With this being the last lot of my Moharam pictures , I shall take you back to the serene mountain of Peace called Haji Malang , all part of my back log, I will post only a few pictures at Facebook the rest will have to be viewd at my Flickr photo stream only..
Last two days I have been busy with Peersaab Fakhru Miya of Hujra No 6 Ajmer who is in town , and I visited Kreanne Rabadi of Cry at her house at Napean Sea Road to collect a brand new Nikon D80 sent by my mentor Dr Glenn Losack MD as a Hanukkah present.

I am getting a new camera after many years , my camera if you dare to smash on the floor like a coconut,it would have blood and gulal gushing out, blood from Moharam and Gulal from all the Ganesh Immersions I have shot,including Lal Bagh Cha Raja and the Durga Visarjan..


Luckily at the Sufi shoots they dont sprinkle anything..

And I am sure Nikon D 80 is the hardiest Nikon camera to take all this in its stride including the Mumbai rains and falling several times from my hand ..It has served me faithfully knowing my failing financial conditions..

And the Canon G9 that was stolen near Moghul Masjid last Moharam , presented to Marziya by Dr Glenn Losack is till missing and the cops can do nothing about it..as they are protecting pictures halls and guarding hyped up films like My Name Is Con..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube