Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Nandini The Birth of a Child Eunuch

I am posting my last lot of the Hijras in Haji Malang and these pictures were shot at a dance recital function at Gopal Haji and Babita Hijras house at Haji Malang.

I had kept back these pictures earlier due to Athvi Moharam, but officially Moharam got over lat night and we Shias cerebrate a happy moment we call Eid E Zehra or 9 Rabbilawwal...

The child in the picture is Nandini the child eunuch, she carries her destiny on her forehead, mind you she is not a poor child , she is foster hijra child of Babita Hijra and Gopal Haji., along with Mona the Child Eunuch.

I have been documenting the life and growth of Mona for several years and Nandini for about two years.

I am a grand father of a little gifted child , I love children , I shoot children , not merely as pretty faces I shoot children as the future of our human race , I shoot children as the promise of love given to us by God..

I am not just a camera flashing photographer ,my camera is nothing but an instrument that carries a message of Peace embedded as a photo blog...and my camera does not merely shoot pictures it poetizes my subjects for eternity....
I show you God like no other person will I show you a God as a Father of all lesser things too.

Creating Mona or Nandini as a drop of tear on the soul of hijra consciousness is what godliness is about..You have to be in my shoes to understand the angst of the people I shoot with my eyes closed behind the viewfinder I see the darkness of my soul and the soul I shoot.

Nandini is a darkness shedding light to all.. yes Fuck F Stops and Aperture see the complete picture of life with jagged ends and spectral light .

Nandini is a Hijra no second thoughts about it, her every movement , her body language is the Soul of the Hijra as a young child ..the adult hijra may have been a boy but Nandini is a Hijra by birth.

I am not a Hijra expert ,I have no coffee book type aspirations I trample on grammar and syntax to reach my heart to you via this blog I am uneducated of the written word but I am a poet I dont need words , I cam embed poetry where no poetry existed and I am yet to be discovered offline..and the flip side is I stitch clothes as I stitch a blog ready to wear..

Nandini and Mona I shoot them as I shoot my own grand daughter and not as two hijra children.. and they both love me , luckily I am more poetic in my sartorial notoriety than the most hot shot celebrity photographer , and I am perhaps not a photographer photographer per se.

I shoot Hijras as know else does because I dont shoot them as a photographer I shoot hijras as a creator of androgynous magic , its not necessary Hijras to like me , some hate me more than they hate their missing vagina, and I have been threatened warned by hijra heads that dot take kindly t their culture being popularized or over exposed on the net so enter Laxmi Narayn Tripathi my hijra Guru , my savior from hijra hate ,and my lucky talisman , I reiterate without Laxmi I would have not reached this far, , I am part of the hijra angst hijra quest, I show you their world with my eyes..

So I dedicate this blog , written at 6.30 am today on an unwashed mouth to Laxmi Narayan Tripathi my hijjra guru, this is my Nasha my Uttara ...and blogging in my case is more addictive but less punishing than alcohol I was an alcoholic 12 years back..

All the pictures of this lot are on Flickr my photo steam , I will not cross blog them either to my Hija Eunuch blogs or anywhere else.

And to people of my Faith a very Happy Eid..I will be at a film shoot so away from my computer for some time.. and I miss my grand daughter u immensely and people have called me from all over India and written to me about her.

So a child is a power of holistic healing and my next words will make me cry , a Facebook friend Kaushik Dutta called me yesterday, he had seen Marziyas crying picture , he and his family were worried , this was his first call to me from Khargpur, and he said ever since we saw Marziya we consider her our own..

And kind words from my dear friend Vinod Mirani of Box Office too..

Now see Nandinis pictures with tears on your eyes you will know even riches that Nandinis hijra parents possess cannot buy child hood or the hope of a childs heaven and eternity.

Yes I shot Nandini the child hijra as I shot Marziya and created paper wings so she can fly into your hearts on cyberspace.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube